LARKIN STREET IS GOING MOBILE!
Here are some tips for first time and returning users on how to navigate mobile bidding at Larkin Street’s silent auctions.
Read details below to get started!
FIRST WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO ON HOW IT WORKS!
Mobile bidding instructions:
1. REGISTERING YOUR SMARTPHONE
- Make sure to bring a fully charged cell phone – we will have a charging station as well in case you forget.
- At Registration, you will be asked to register your smartphone for online bidding, and will be assisted through the process.
- If you haven’t registered your smartphone but would like to at any point during the silent auction, simply ask one of our Mobile Bidding Concierges or staff members for assistance.
- Once your smartphone is registered, you’ll receive an automated welcome text message containing your bidder URL and table assignment within two minutes. If you don’t receive a text message, see any Concierge or Registration staff member.
2. USE YOUR SMARTPHONE TO FIND SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
- Click on the link in your automated text message—this link also contains your bidder number. Once you’re logged in, the bidder number will display on your home screen.
- When prompted, confirm your name. If the name displayed isn’t correct, see a Mobile Bidding Concierge
- Search for silent auction items by number, keyword or category—or find items with no bids by selecting “No Bid Packages.”
3. START BIDDING!
- Silent auction items will be on display, so walk around and find your favorites!
- Select “Details/Bid” to bid on an item.
- You can bid the next increment, set a maximum bid or simply choose to “Watch” silent auction items. No need to hover over a bid sheet, manage your bids from anywhere in the room.
- If you enter your highest maximum bid on an item, the system will automatically place bids in your favor until that amount is reached or until the auction closes. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that item, you’ll be prompted to enter a higher bid.
- If you’re outbid at any point before the silent auction closes, you’ll be notified by text message.
- You can keep an eye on packages you’ve bid on or are watching by going to “My Bids” via the blue button located at the right of your home area.
- Watch the event timer on the upper left of your screen. As soon as the silent auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
4. NO SMARTPHONE? NO PROBLEM
GET HELP FROM ONE OF OUR CONCIERGES
- Simply find one of the many Mobile Bidding Concierges throughout the silent auction area – they will be holding iPads.
- Give the Concierge your bidder number or cell phone number, and confirm your name on the screen is correct.
- Provide the Concierge with the number/name of the item you wish to bid on, and tell him/her how much you’d like to bid.
- Watch the monitor, stationed in the silent auction area, to see if you’re the high bidder.
- If you’re outbid, locate a Concierge to increase your bid.
5. AFTER THE SILENT AUCTION CLOSES
- Check to see which items you’ve won under “My Bids.”
- At the close of the silent auction, your items will be available for payment and pickup at check out. If you need to leave early, we will contact you to arrange a delivery/pickup plan for your items.
- If you didn’t win any auction items, but donated through Fund My Future/Micro Funding, and already swiped your credit card, there is no need to check out. We will automatically charge your card in the next few days once we review all transactions.