REPORTS TO: Program Manager
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Case Manager I is to provide comprehensive strengths based case management services to homeless and/or marginally housed transitional aged youth.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Is responsible for the comprehensive evaluation of bio-psychosocial, emotional, educational, vocational and functional needs of young people.
- Develops an individualized service plans in coordination with Larkin Street Youth Services continuum of care as well as leverages relevant community resources as needed; Case Manager I must participate in collaborative service planning and have an understanding of the stages of change and development.
- Provides crisis prevention, intervention and safety planning services, along with stress management and life skills development including assisting young people in applying for and obtaining benefits and housing.
- Is responsible for intake and assessment; direct service linkage and referral; case planning and contracting; case coordination and advocacy; and follow up and after care.
- Works closely with community behavioral health providers and internal personal service teams to ensure coordinated and effective services.
- Provides an intensive array of services and supports, including housing and basic needs assistance, physical health care, benefits assistance, enrollment in Hire Up, and referral to integrated mental health services.
- Maintains accurate detailed observation and progress records and completes necessary electronic data entry into client management information system (CMIS) in a timely manner.
- Adheres to laws regarding confidentiality and reporting requirements and maintains necessary compliance documentation.
- Provides case management, mental health services, independent life skills development and housing services to youth in a stages of change based model.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with clients.
- Collaborates with fellow staff members and established community partners, including property managers and landlords.
BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to identify, assess and intervene effectively with mental health symptoms and behaviors.
- Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of confidentiality and discretion and a working knowledge of HIPAA.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other web based software solutions.
- Valid California driver’s license with clear DMV record.
- Experience working with strength-based, restorative justice, trauma informed care practices, and client centered models
- Working knowledge of issues facing homeless and at-risk youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk youth in a shelter and/or transitional/supportive housing program.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Starting at DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.