REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Research and Evaluation
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Data Coordinator provides support for the data management, program evaluation, and reporting functions of the Research & Evaluation department. The Data Coordinator’s primary responsibility is the administration of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), Larkin Street’s cloud-based client data management system. As the agency’s ETO Administrator, this position oversees all aspects of managing the system, including staff account management, system troubleshooting and revisions, quality assurance and control, and the provision of related staff support and training. This role provides critical support for the department’s program evaluation and reporting functions by ensuring that the system is serving its purposes related to capturing and reporting data.
Day-to-day technical administration of the system involves overseeing account management activities, working closely with staff and the software vendor to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, making revisions to the system as required by evolving program or reporting needs, implementing quality assurance and quality control processes, and providing ongoing staff training and support as it relates to system usage. The Data Coordinator works closely with department leadership to design and build custom reports within ETO for a variety of purposes, including quality assurance, program and performance management, and grants management. They also provide support on an as-needed basis for data entry as it relates to other internal and external client databases used by the agency.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Client Database Administration
- Oversees account management activities and provides technical support to end-users of ETO, Larkin Street’s cloud-based client data management system.
- Liases with software vendor (Social Solutions) staff to report and resolve system issues and bugs.
- Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in the software.
- Works with department leadership to develop and implement QA processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
- Develops and manages schedule of quality assurance activities.
- Designs and builds custom reports in ETO for quality assurance, program and performance management, and grants management purposes.
- Proactively identifies and implements opportunities for data collection improvements.
- Documents data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
Staff Support and Training
- Provides ongoing training and support to staff on data collection responsibilities and processes.
- Manages technical training resources and develops new materials as needed.
- Provides additional or ongoing training and support to staff as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides data entry support for other internal and external database systems used by the agency.
- Other duties as required.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Ability to work well with and to support a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or related field highly preferred but equivalent experience and certifications will be considered.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years related experience with relational databases and data management required, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Prior experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) highly preferred.
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages (MS Excel, MS Access, SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence) required.
- Proficiency with SQL Server desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative.
- Knowledge of and experience with data collection related to at-risk youth issues preferred.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
- Starting at $20.64 DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.