EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
WHO WE ARE:
The 3rd Street Youth Center and Clinic is a community based agency providing youth in Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety and development.
3rd Street maintains an annual budget of under $900,000 and includes over $300,000 in-kind support from the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Our donor base draws in funding from both the private and public sectors.
IMPORTANT DETAILS AND COMPENSATION:
This part time position offers 20 hours a week, with potential room for growth. The days and times of the schedule are flexible with an opportunity to work some hours remotely; please include your availability in the cover letter. The 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is fiscally sponsored by Larkin Street Youth Center.
The Development Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include writing compelling and accurate Letters of Intent, grants proposals and reports, and all materials necessary for the agency. It also includes creating fundraising planning activities, ongoing cultivation of relationships with foundation and corporate funders, prospect research and development, and special writing projects as required. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Coordinator supports all aspects of funding from foundations, corporations and civic organizations. This position also works with the ED to develop, manage, and cultivate strong relationships with funders; manage the institutional development planning processes and revenue budgeting; develops and implements submission and reporting timelines, grant applications, and reports; and works closely with the leadership team to ensure proposal and reports are both compelling and an accurate reflection of the work being done. The Development Coordinator also assists the Leadership team as needed with other projects and events.
Candidates applying for this position will possess:
- Extreme passion for our agency’s mission in maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional assertive demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Ability to work closely with the development and finance teams at our fiscal sponsor: Larkin Street Youth Center.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE & DUTIES:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strategically guide 3rd Street to grow operating funds.
- Conduct extensive research to identify potential funders: individual & foundation
- Compose all fundraising & events communications
- Three + (3) years’ experience in a nonprofit or corporate finance and/or development role.
- Minimum of Two (2) years’ experience in grant writing for an organization of comparable size and complexity or as a consultant with multiple clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience in donor databases highly preferred.
- Experience in online fundraising through “giving days,” email appeals, social media, and website content.
- Ability to work independently and to complete tasks in a timely manner; solid project planning and time management skills.
- Proven superior writing, editing, and communications skills required. Writing samples will be requested as part of the application process.
- Ability to work with program, clinic, and leadership staff, and youth to represent 3rd Street’s work effectively to donors.
- Knowledge of Bay Area and national philanthropic community a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to develop and implement strategies to advance the Agency’s funding goals.
- Experience working with a fiscally sponsored agency or an agency that is a fiscal sponsor a plus but not required.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.