Position: Director of Larkin Street Academy
Reports to: Chief of Programs
Department: Larkin Street Academy
The Director of Larkin Street Primary responsibilities include overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs; ensuring effective and coordinated service delivery; grant and contract compliance; and fiscal responsibility. The Director is responsible for hiring, training, and supervising managers in their division, which includes: Education, Employment, Youth Advisory Board, and Art.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Embody leadership, including driving a unified vision for the division and serving as the spokesperson and primary advocate for the division’s programs in the broader community.
- Develop, oversee and evaluate programming within each entity of the division.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Strategic planning for the expansion and enhancement of employment and education services.
- Lead and oversee the development of partnerships with the San Francisco professional and business and education community, as well as the public entities of the City and County and other community based organizations to address the education and employment needs of homeless youth.
- Direct the full spectrum of Larkin Street Academy services, including ensuring coordination and integration of Larkin Street Academy services into agency’s continuum of services.
- In coordination with the leadership team, oversee budgets, data collection and tracking, contract requirements and program outcomes.
- Promote collaboration, cross training and dual programming among program teams within the division and throughout the agency
- Foster professional development for employees at all levels of the division
- Serve as a member of the agency’s Senior Management Team and as such, be the liaison between Larkin Street Academy and the Housing Programs, Engagement Services Programs and the administrative arm of the agency
PROFESSIONAL & LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Oversee LSA management team, actively supporting their work with direct service staff.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to scheduling requirements of this job description and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of youth and families.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Education, Human Resources, or related field.
- At least five years of management and supervisory experience.
- Experience in workforce development and provision of education services to homeless and at-risk youth
- Previous experience overseeing program design and development, implementation and operations, project integration and management across multiple agency sites; staff supervision and training; and budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Strong Commitment to the agency and philosophy of Larkin Street Youth Services
- Choice of Kaiser medical plan, plus dental and vision-(with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only).
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts.
- Life Insurance
- Vacation-(starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five).
- Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please in the Subject Box of the email indicate the position that you are applying to.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.