REPORTS TO: Manager of IT/Systems Engineer
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the IT Support Specialist is being responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance of various technologies within the mission and goals of Larkin Street Youth Services.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the agency’s assistant guru in all things Windows, Office and all user-level business technologies.
- Provide top-notch customer service in troubleshooting staff computing issues.
- Maintain all desktop hardware and software across the agency.
- Acclimate new employees to our network and provide ad hoc training.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform onsite and remote technical support to 220 users across 12 sites in San Francisco.
- Maintain, install, repair, upgrade and configure user-level hardware and software.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Assist the IT Director with repair and maintenance of the enterprise level technologies.
- Track IT issues to successful completion via the Service Desk website
- Create and maintain good technical documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate advanced technical terms and concepts into user-friendly language.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- 3 years of increasingly responsible experience in Desktop Support and Customer Service
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows 7/8/10 and Office 2013/2016.
- Basic knowledge and the desire to advance skills in Windows server platforms and enterprise technologies
- Ability to creatively troubleshoot complex computing issues to their acceptable completion in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make technology accessible to end-users with differing skill levels
- MCP/MCSA/MCITP or other Microsoft certification or equivalent experience preferred
- Valid California driver’s license and clean, recent DMV report required for driving company vehicle between sites
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway youth.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
- $20.36-$24.65 DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.