REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Manager of Multi-site Behavioral Health Services is to provide comprehensive strengths based behavioral health services to homeless and/or marginally housed transitional aged youth. The Manager of Multi-site Behavioral Health Services is responsible for behavioral health screening and assessment, crisis intervention and de-escalation, individual and group therapy services, and support to staff working with youth. The Manager of Multi-site Behavioral Health works from a strength-based model using trauma-informed interventions. This position emphasizes Harm Reduction and Restorative Practices in behavioral health work with youth and clinical consultation to staff.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide on-site behavioral health screening, clinical assessments. crisis intervention and support services at sites with greatest acuity of behavioral health needs.
- Support youth and staff with acute behavioral health issues and linkage to community resources, as required.
- Provide short term mental health and/or substance use support for youth at various Larkin Street sites including individual and group modalities.
- Provide professional development to staff on a range of behavioral health issues and best practices for Transitional Age Youth (TAY) population.
- Coordinate Collaborative Case Conferences to assist in determining treatment plans for clients with behavioral health issues.
- Provides Clinical Supervision to ASWs at high acuity sites
- On Call Clinical Consultation duties.
- Evenings and Weekend work required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
- Link youth to continuum of services offered through Larkin Street and in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, and walk
- Finger manipulation
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Master’s degree in social work. Licensed in Clinical Social Work. Two years post-licensure and eligible to provide clinical supervision to ASWs.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of experience providing mental health services in a social services setting, preferably with a high risk youth population.
- Experience providing individual and group therapy, psychoeducational groups.
- Experience with youth with high acuity behavioral health needs.
- Experience with substance users; recovery and treatment philosophies and harm reduction.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced working from a strength-based, trauma-informed model.
- Experience working with youth and knowledge of issues facing at-risk, and homeless youth.
- Experience working with diverse clients, staff, and volunteers.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.