PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Program Manager of PATHWAYS will provide clinical oversight of staff and clients. The Program Manager will provide direct supervision to assigned staff based on the program model of treatment and services. The Program Manager will provide leadership and coordination to a multi-disciplinary team providing services to clients.
The Program Manager is responsible for the hiring; training and supervision of program staff, program development and evaluation, insuring timely and accurate data collection and insuring quality and coordinated service delivery. In addition, the Program Manager of PATHWAYS develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community providers, including property management, referral agencies, and community based organizations providing behavioral health support services.
The goal of the PATHWAYS program is to assist youth aged 18-24, time limited rental subsidy program helping youth afford their own apartments and gain full independence.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the provision of ongoing assessments of clients’ symptoms and response to treatment. Make appropriate changes to treatment plans to ensure immediate interventions are provided in response to changes in behaviors/mental status.
- Supervise the provision of direct mental health services including supportive Case Management to clients on an individual and group basis both in the office and in community based settings. Ensure appropriate treatment plans are being developed with client participation in goal setting.
- Supervise service coordination (case management) clients including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual treatment teams.
- Assume primary responsibility for working with Case Managers in developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals and plans in collaboration with the clients
- Provide trainings, Case Consultations in collaboration with the Behavioral Health Team to support staff around managing clients’ behavioral health needs.
- Conduct and review comprehensive assessments along with the Case Management team. Complete Mental Health Status exams and Clinical Assessments, as needed, for incoming clients.
- Act as liaison and consult with community agencies for continuity of care for clients within the program or clients seeking to enter the program.
- Participate in on-call rotation for crisis intervention and behavioral health support.
- Supervise the documentation of client records according to established methods and procedures and according to contract mandates.
- Oversee data collection and ensure its timely submission.
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW; LCSW preferred).
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three years of experience in a community mental health program with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Clinical Assessment and Clinical supervisory experience; familiarity with DSM-V and clinical diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee a diverse staff with a wide range of professional competencies.
- Must possess a high capacity for problem solving with individuals who present for services with multiple behavioral health concerns.
- Knowledge of substance use and behavioral health services within San Francisco and the Bay Area. Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining productivity.
- Must work well independently and collaboratively to support staff and youth involved in programs.
- Proficient in computer application such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Starting at $65,000-$70,000 DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan