POSITION TITLE: YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER of YAB & Art Program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise YAB executive members in the creation of meeting agendas and minutes, and disseminate these to the board each week.
- Develop high-quality work-based learning experiences for YAB members
- Work with the YAB members to develop work plans, timelines and activities to achieve project goals.
- Facilitate YAB meetings twice a week and organize additional work days as needed.
- Coordinate youth participation in panels, workshops, and speaking engagements at relevant community events
- Work with program managers across agency to coordinate YAB representatives for each program so that all Larkin Street youth have representation
- Schedule and oversee youth attendance at conferences, local hearings, All Staff meetings and other appropriate opportunities.
- Documentation of YAB work, including schedule tracking and processing of hours for stipend payment for YAB members
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners; City and County as well as other youth advocacy organizations.
- Track program deliverables using both qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods
- Disseminate a monthly review and calendar of events to appropriate staff members
- Coordinate various trainings for YAB members from agency and community partners
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit youth leaders through use of e-mail, flyers, attendance at meetings, and other avenues.
- Continue to evaluate and develop programming as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field; Experience in Youth Boards preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Three to Four (3-4) years of progressive experience in education workforce development or related discipline.
- Experience community building and working in collaborative partnerships with other organizations, agencies, institutions, and entities
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience with youth
- Ability to support or lead collaborative projects
- Familiarity with youth development models
- Experience working with adolescents as a vocational counselor/ job developer or in the field of public relations
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment. Highly desired.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY: All interested candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.