POSITION TITLE: Art Program Specialist
REPORTS TO: Manager of Art Program
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Art Program Specialist is to support art projects, activities, events, and guest artist workshops that are part of the Art Program at Larkin Street. The specialist will ensure that youth have a safe environment to express their individuality through fine arts and performing arts. The Specialist will work with the Art Program Manager to plan and coordinate community activities and events; assist in the development and implementation of art classes; and support day to day operations of the art program. This position requires some evening and weekend hours; and ability to transport youth in an agency vehicle.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in daily operations of art studio, including:
- Work with Art Manager and Contractors in the scheduling of classes and events
- Maintenance of studio and equipment
- Provide instruction
- Oversight of art supplies and equipment
- Fulfill reporting requirements, including daily tracking of classes and client interactions; monthly reports; and grant reports
- Provide technical support at events, including monthly Larkin Street Academy graduations, end of month celebrations, community/neighborhood engagement events
- Represent the Art Program at meetings and events
- Provide transportation and supervision of youth and materials to community arts events and classes
- Assist in the design of promotional materials
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting program services within the milieu. For example, crisis intervention or helping to maintain the safety of the program.
- Responsible for contributing towards the care and welfare of staff and to the clients we serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Basic Proficiency in Adobe Design and Video Editing Software a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts related field preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- 2-3 years of experience working with high-risk youth
- Previous experience with community arts projects/performing arts.
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway youth.
- Previous experience providing arts opportunities within social services setting.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through skills.
- Must have ability to work with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Valid CA driver’s license. Ability and willingness to transport youth in an agency passenger van.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
- Starting at DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.