REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Larkin Street Academy
The primary role of the Program Manager of Larkin Street Academy is to assist the management team in overseeing the development, implementation, and day to day operations of the department
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervision and training.
- Development and implementation of program services.
- Ensuring compliance with grants and budgets.
- Providing overall support.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and training of Larkin Street Academy staff.
- Coordinate program coverage and scheduling.
- Represent agency at meetings/activities.
- Attend and participate in all agency management meetings.
- Fulfill reporting requirements as designated by Larkin Street Academy program.
- Supervise staff in collaboration with Management team of Larkin Street Academy.
- Collaboration with community providers and post-secondary education institutions.
- Support in coordinating Restorative Community for the department.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate classes/workshops as needed.
- Assist youth in developing individual educational plans that enhance their education and career development.
- Attend team meetings to discuss clients’ needs and progress.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Manager to recruit and supervise classroom volunteers and interns.
- Other duties assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
- Flexibility with a team player mentality.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend, and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Two to four (2-4) years of management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing program design and development, implementation, and operations; staff supervision and training; and budget management.
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway youth.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Starting at DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.