REPORTS TO: Director of Research & Evaluation
The primary responsibilities of the Manager of Data and Reporting are oversight of data reporting systems; report generation for internal and external purposes; and support for department data management and quality assurance activities.
The Manager of Data and Reporting’s timely and accurate reporting is essential for grants management and invoicing. The Manager of Data and Reporting works closely with Development, Finance, and Public Contracts departments to ensure compliance with funders’ data collection and reporting requirements. This position works with program leadership to develop data collection tools to reflect services provided and provides quality assurance support to ensure data is collected in an accurate and timely manner.
The Manager of Data and Reporting works closely with department and program leadership to design and implement custom reports for a variety of reporting purposes, including quality assurance, program and performance management, outcomes measurement, and grants management. This position reports to the Director of Research & Evaluation.
SUPERVISES: Data Entry Clerk
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides data on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual basis for reports to funders
- Provides reports to program leadership for grants management purposes
- Works with agency leadership to implement revisions to the client data management system as required by evolving reporting needs
- Ensures that complete and accurate data is entered into external database systems as required by funders
- Responsible for ongoing quality assurance and quality control as it relates to external databases
- Responds to additional data requests from throughout the agency
- Works closely with department and program leadership to design and develop custom reports for quality assurance and program and performance management
- Conducts ongoing quality assurance and quality control activities as it relates to internal and external databases
- Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the client data management system as required by evolving programmatic needs
- Responsible for managing access to and organization of reports within client data management system
- Develops additional reporting tools using Excel and SPSS as needed.
Client Database Administration
- Provides administrative, account management, and technical support for ETO, Larkin Street’s cloud-based client data management system
- Oversees management and upkeep of additional department databases
- Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in the software
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years professional experience with relational databases and data reporting required, preferably in a community-based nonprofit, academic, or program evaluation setting
- Proficiency with SPSS or other statistical analysis software required
- Intermediate or advanced skills and knowledge of relevant software packages (MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, SAP Business Objects (Web Intelligence)) highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with data collection related to at-risk youth issues preferred
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well with a multidisciplinary team required
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative
- Experience with relational database design and management desirable
- Staff supervision experience desirable
- $55,000 DOE
- Choice of Kaiser medical plans, plus dental and vision- (with coverage at no cost for one of the Kaiser and Dental plans as well as Vision for Employees only)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible spending accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation- (starting at 3 weeks, increasing to 5 weeks by year five)
- Sick time
- 11 Paid Holidays + Floating Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate Service
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Paid Sabbatical following 5 years of employment
- 403(b) retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], then in the Subject Box please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.