PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The A/R specialist will provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payment, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
The position requires 5+ years’ experience in Account receivable in the Non-Profit Sector. Knowledge of GAAP, Public and Private funding and invoice processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cash/check collections using the bank’s electronic deposit system
- Handle incoming donations, credit card processing, cash and stock gifts
- Reconciliations of credit cards
- Development reconciliations
- Pathways and Rising Up program rental income
- Client savings accounts reconciliation and confirmation
- Review and reconcile AR with Grant Team
- Journal entries
- Bank statement reconciliations
- Responsible for month end closing
- Participate in Audits, Single and local funding audits
- Performs other duties as assigned
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information and forms as requested.
- Run reports: monthly and ad hoc reports as requested by CFO, and Controller
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field preferred
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent follow-through skills
- Attention to detail
- Excel skills should be Intermediate to advanced
- Nonprofit experience with MIP accounting software/ Paycom
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- A focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Accurate attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please in the Subject Box of the email indicate the position that you are applying to.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.