REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, the Administrative Assistant / Receptionist is responsible for upholding a high level of customer service in the lobby areas, screening visitors, and triaging appropriately within the building and programs.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintaining the safety of the site as well as providing ongoing administrative support and communication to management.
- Provide administrative support to Chief level positions and administrative departments
- Monitors the entrance of clients and staff, answers the facility telephone, maintains administration/reception desk and files, performs data entry in the agency database and mail triage.
- Coordinate visitors with the Reception team
- Screens all visitors to confirm that they are authorized to be in the building.
- Ensures visitors are escorted by staff at all times.
- Greet everyone who walks in the door and direct them to the appropriate person(s).
- Support lobby Reception team with coverage of the 1st floor Reception area.
- Provide alternative weekend coverage if the 134 Golden Gate Avenue location extends opening into the weekend.
- Responds to emergencies as needed.
- Fills out incident reports as needed.
- Reports violations of program guidelines and community agreements.
- Oversees front entry and lobby to ensure absolute security, cleanliness and clear of loitering.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
- Ability to use independent judgment in non-routine situations, such as dealing with a disturbance.
- Flexibility with a team player mentality.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work tactfully under stress.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to perform clerical tasks and front office reception.
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway youth.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer