PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Assistant Manager of the Haight Street Referral Center is to oversee the development, implementation, and day-to-day operations of the Haight Street Referral Center, ensuring compliance with grants, budgets and providing overall support to the program team. As a part of the agency’s middle management team, attendance at Leadership meetings and other meetings in the community to strengthen relationships and expand our network of support to the youth is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Assistant Manager assists the Program Manager with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Haight Street Referral Center that serves youth ages 12-24.
- Ensure the provision of basic services, meals, special projects/activities, and an emotionally and physically safe, clean, and supportive atmosphere. As well as pipeline HSRC youth into other Larkin Street Youth Services programing and housing opportunities.
- Provide bi-weekly staff supervision to Outreach Counselors and weekly group supervision.
- Provide floor-based guidance and support at the Haight Street Referral Center.
- Support in the recruitment, hiring, training, and ongoing Professional Development of Program staff.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed at the Haight Street Referral Center, including written documentation of Incident Reports.
- Oversee responsibility of Petty Cash, Laundry money and check request needs for the program.
- Responsible for weekly food shopping duties: check requests, reconciling, shopping.
- Attend monthly community meetings such as Park Police Meeting, Haight Ashbury Neighborhood Council Meeting, Front Line Workers Meeting, and other community needs as they arise.
- Oversee weekly client activities, groups and support Outreach Counselors with consistency and data collection of activities.
- Support staff with Outreaching.
- Support strong linkages for clients, including internal referrals to the Engagement & Community Center and Larkin Street Academy.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance to all program volunteers and youth interns.
- Coordinate program coverage and scheduling with the Program Manager.
- Data collection and statistical reports.
- Attend and participate in all agency management meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Evening, Weekend, Holiday coverage may be required.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of experience working with adolescents.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway youth.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer