PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the supervision of the Program Manager the Desk
Clerk is responsible for screening visitors, and minor activities at the front desk of the Program.
REPORTS TO: Program ManagerSUPERVISES: None
EXEMPT ST ATUS: Non Exempt
UNION ST ATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintaining the safety of the site as well as providing ongoing administrative support and
communication to the program manager and building manager.
* Monitors the entrance of clients and staff, answers the facility telephone, maintains
administration/reception desk and files, and performs data entry.
* Screens all visitors to confirm that they are authorized guests of building residents.
* Ensures visitors are escorted by tenants at all times.
* Greet clients and visitors and direct them to the appropriate person(s).
* ASSiSt in the maintenance of facility supplies.
* Act as vendor liaison.
* Responds to emergencies as needed.
* Fills out incident reports as needed.
* Reports violations of House Rules or Program Guidelines.
@ Oversees ‘ffont entry and lobby to ensure absolute security and cleanliness.
* Provides information to residents, visitors and applicants concerning building and
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
* Ability to use independent judgment in non-routine situations, such as dealing with a
* Flexibility with a team player mentality.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
* Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with
agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
* Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to
bring a constnictive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
@ Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
* Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the
responsibilities carried personally arid by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
* Actively strive to ripgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate
professional training and experience.
* Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality
@ Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment
* Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
* Ability to reach, bend and walk.
* Finger manipulation.
* Ability to comprehend complex materials.
* Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
* High School Diploma; or GED.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Great interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
@ Ability to perform clerical tasks and front office reception.
* Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and
* Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially at-risk, homeless or runaway
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer