21-22-week commitment (Early November 2019 to mid-March 2020)
Founded in 1984, San Francisco’s Larkin Street Youth Services is a globally recognized leader providing innovative, effective housing, medical, social and educational services to at risk homeless and runaway youth ages 12-24 across several programs and sites. Three out of four youth who participate in the full continuum of services at Larkin Street exit street life. Learn more at: larkinstreetyouth.org
The Development Intern assists in data entry, gift processing, in-kind donation coordination and supporting the planning and implementation of Larkin Street’s signature fundraiser; Paving the Way gala (March 13). The Development Intern will work at the Larkin Street admin office two to three days a week, working closely with the Development staff, and is required to be on-site on event days and the weeks leading up to and directly after March 13.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data entry and gift processing support for the Database Specialist; this includes heavy data entry and mailing of letters, filing and general office duties.
- Provide support for in-kind donations for the Development Coordinator; this includes interacting with volunteers, donors and program staff, and organizing donations. It may include heavy lifting.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Special Events Manager by coordinating letters, emails and print mailings, following up with external partners, and payment processing.
- Tracking and managing RSVPs and guest meal choices; heavy data entry.
- Event administrative tasks include document production, tracking status of in-kind auction items, signage.
- Provide logistics support the week of the event, including leading a small team of volunteers on event-day.
- Support all other event-related duties, as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Attention to detail with strong customer service and follow through skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with event planning highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite requires.
- Proficiency with SharePoint, Salesforce or Click & Pledge (app) knowledge a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage priority action items, and take initiative to fill in the gaps.
- A strong commitment to Larkin Street Youth Services.
- Knowledge that you have supported Larkin Street in its’ mission to provide a continuum of services that inspires homeless and runaway youth to move beyond the streets.
- Valuable fundraising, development, management, and non-profit experience.
- Compensation: $18.78 per hour plus benefits.
For more information or to apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
- Heather Ripley, Senior Special Events Manager: [email protected] and identify the position code “Development Intern” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
- Position will remain open till filled.