Summary: The Division Director of Housing and Operations is responsible for overseeing Larkin Street’s portfolio of housing programs including: emergency shelter, time-limited transitional living, subsidized, and supportive housing programs. The Division Director of Housing and Operations will work closely with Division Directors to manage programs and services uniformly, effectively, and at a high standard of client care. The Division Director will oversee strategy, financial management, and client outcomes for housing services.
- Ensure housing programs operate in full compliance with City, State, and Federal regulations and requirements
- Lead staff teams through the successful implementation of Larkin Street’s strategic priorities, ensuring that services and decision-making are aligned with the strategic plan
- Develop and monitor performance standards in collaboration with the Division Director team to inform and lead continuous quality improvement
- Provide strategic direction for Larkin Street’s participation in the Coordinated Entry for Youth system of care as a Youth Access Point
- Actively participate in agency-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, and ensure that our practices are aligned with our DEI efforts
- Work with Program Director team to oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs; ensure effective coordinated service delivery; grant and contract compliance; and fiscal responsibility
- Provide leadership and advocacy in relations with local state and federal public entities and community based organizations to educate the community about needs for homeless youth
- Ensure that youth are involved in program design, implementation, and evaluation
- Oversee Larkin Street’s On-Call Management schedule
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In partnership with the Division Director team, ensure that our services are equitable and low barrier
- Present and train on behalf of Larkin Street at a local and national level
- Provide technical assistance to partners/subcontractors
- Ensure that staff are using a collaborative approach of trauma informed care, restorative practices, and harm reduction.
- Coordinate with other directors to support staff during critical incidents, including meeting and debriefing with staff and clients
- Participate in organizational Diversity, Equity and Inclusion inititives (DEI)
- Work in alignment with organizational DEI inititives and philosophy
- At least five years of management and supervisory experience.
- Experience overseeing program design and development, implementation and operations, project integration and management across multiple agency sites; staff supervision and training; and budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Strong commitment to the agency and philosophy of Larkin Street Youth Services
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to scheduling requirements of this job description and program
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of youth and families
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.