Summary: The Division Director of Youth Development (DDYD) is responsible for overseeing programs and activities within Engagement Services and Larkin Street Academy. The DDYD will also be the lead on developing a consistent practice to support core competencies among youth in the life domains Larkin Street seeks to impact; building a culture of data driven decision making; and developing and implementing a guide to support Program Managers in their role. The DDYD will work closely with the Division Director team to manage programs and services uniformly, effectively, and at a high standard of client care. The Division Director will oversee strategy, financial management, and client outcomes.
- Oversee engagement level services including the Engagement and Community Center and Haight Street Referral Center
- Oversee education, employment, and art services through Larkin Street Academy
- Lead staff teams through the successful implementation of Larkin Street’s strategic priorities, ensuring that services and decision-making are aligned with the strategic plan
- Develop and monitor performance standards in collaboration with the Division Director team to inform and lead continuous quality improvement
- Actively participate in agency-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, and ensure that our practices are aligned with our DEI efforts
- Work with Program Director team to oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs; ensure effective coordinated service delivery; grant and contract compliance; and fiscal responsibility
- Provide leadership and advocacy in relations with local state and federal public entities and community based organizations to educate the community about needs for homeless youth
- Ensure that youth are involved in program design, implementation, and evaluation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In partnership with the Division Director team, ensure that our services are equitable and low barrier
- Present and train on behalf of Larkin Street at a local and national level
- Provide technical assistance to partners/subcontractors
- Ensure that staff are using a collaborative approach of trauma informed care, restorative practices, and harm reduction
- Coordinate with other directors to support staff during critical incidents, including meeting and debriefing with staff and clients
- On-call support for Consultant rotation
- Available to work holidays
- At least five years of management and supervisory experience
- Experience overseeing program design and development, implementation and operations, project integration and management across multiple agency sites; staff supervision and training; and budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Strong commitment to the agency and philosophy of Larkin Street Youth Services
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to scheduling requirements of this job description and program.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of youth and families.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer