PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The employee relations manager is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee/labor relations and staffing functions.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position manages the benefits, recruitment and scheduling positions within the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of position descriptions, ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Administers and interprets various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures, and provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the Chief of Talent.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies.
- Develops and builds hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement.
- Develops, streamlines and enhances staffing systems, tracking reporting and analysis.
- Leads sourcing and recruiting initiatives and processes to leverage networking and employee referrals.
- Knowledge and proficient interpretation of Title VII and other regulations pertaining to guidelines set forth by the EEOC.
- Knowledge and proficient interpretation of ADA, ADEA, Affirmative Action, COBRA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA and other employment-related legislation.
- Knowledge and proficient interpretation and filing of Form 5500 and EEO-1 Reporting.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of individuals
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or related field or equivalent level of experience, training and education.
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee/labor relations
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws and governmental compliance requirements.
- Experience in providing employment support, and benefits assistance to staff.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment.
- PHR Certification or SHRM Class Completion desirable.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- SharePoint and Paylocity experience preferred.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of individuals.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Passion for our agency’s mission in maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
- Flexibility with a team player mentality.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- An focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving .
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills .
- Desire to be engaged with employees with regards to Human Resources practices.
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
- Strict enforcement of confidentiality within Human Resources.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.