POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Larkin Street provides youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with the help they need to rebuild their lives. Each year, more than 3,000 youth walk through our doors seeking help. We give them a place where they can feel safe; rebuild their sense of self-respect, trust, and hope; learn school, life and job skills; and find the confidence to build a future.
We raise the bar by redefining success from securing independent housing to achieving a permanent pathway out of poverty. We have established bold goals for the youth in our services:
• Living-wage employment
• Two years of post-secondary education
• Safe and stable housing
• Physical and emotional well-being
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide executive level administrative support to the Executive Director of Larkin Street and its administrative departments. The Executive Assistant will have direct contact with board members, government officials, donors, senior managers, and the general public. The Executive Assistant will manage communications with the ED, handle much of her paperwork, and coordinate her schedule. This person will also support staff of other departments on occasional projects, as needed.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the Executive Director’s very busy calendar (schedule meetings, conferences, and activities).
- Track appointments through Outlook, prepare materials, and ensure appropriate follow up for all meetings.
- Assist Executive Director with special projects.
- Answer phone. Greet and assist all visitors.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Reconcile and prepare expense reports for Executive Director.
- Serve as administrative liaison to Board of Directors.
- Coordinate, compile, collate, and deliver board meeting packets to board members.
- Attend all board meetings and prepare board meeting minutes.
- Attend other meetings and take minutes, as required.
- Maintain board binders.
- Maintain all board documentation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
- Open and distribute mail, including logging in all incoming donations.
- Purchase office supplies for Administrative team.
- Purchase gift cards for centralized purchasing inventory.
- Serve as liaison to office equipment vendors.
- Assist with production of Development events.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other web based software solutions.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Valid California driver’s license with clear DMV record.
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of experience working as an executive assistant in a corporate or non-profit setting.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience directly supporting a C-Level executive.
- Previous experience with the non-profit community is desired.
- Passion for our agency’s mission.
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance.
- A team player mentality.
- The ability to establish priorities, work independently, and meet objectives with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Good judgment coupled with a highly professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to write a variety of materials to different audiences.
- Ability to take initiative with a positive and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Desire to remain in the position for at least 2 years.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.