PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Finance Manager is a key role and is responsible for monthly reconciliation and closing. Creating and updating cash flow projections. Review of AP and AR ledgers as well as account reconciliations. Manage deposits, audits, and prepare indirect cost rate application and Form 990’s. Finance Manager is responsible for preparation of financial statements, Board and Committee packages. The position requires 5+ years’ experience in General Accounting in the NonProfit Sector. Knowledge of GAAP, Public and Private funding and invoice processes, as well as supervisory experience.
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
UNION STATUS: Non-Union position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Cash forecast updates daily
- Responsible for month end closing
- Preparation of Financial Statements, Board & Committee Packages
- Supervise General Ledger Accountant
- Client savings accounts reconciliation and confirmation
- Manage incoming donations, credit card processing, cash and stock transfers.
- Payroll reconciliation
- Journal entries
- Reconciliation of credit cards
- Bank statement reconciliations
- 990 preparations
- Fixed asset depreciation schedule and deferred revenue tracking
- Review and reconcile AR/AP with Finance team
- Participate in Audits, Single and local funding audits
- Participate in annual budget process
- Create desk operating procedures for all General Accounting Functions
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information and forms as requested.
- Run reports: monthly and ad hoc reports as requested by CFO, HR and Controller
- Assist in the filing of quarterly and annual tax reports, maintain files.
- Review the monthly income & any tax including employment tax accounts such as Federal, State & Disability, Unemployment, FICA (EE & ER), FUTA, SUTA, & SF Payroll Tax
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field preferred
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the non-profit sector.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excel skills should be excellent
- Nonprofit experience with MIP accounting software/ Paylocity preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- A focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Accurate attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Experience with Payroll and Time Reporting system
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer