POSITION OVERVIEW: The primary role of the Manager, Marketing Communications is to execute the strategy for all communications and messaging, marketing collateral, and public relations engagement. They are responsible for writing and assisting in the development and implementation of all communication that is shared with the public.
- Draft messaging for digital communications, marketing collateral, and certain external reports.
- Ensure brand integrity and mission-driven, positive, solutions-oriented message framing across Larkin Street communications and marketing.
- Manage and facilitate all aspects of the development and printing (where applicable) of Larkin Street’s annual report, newsletters, fundraising appeals, marketing collateral, programmatic collateral, and programmatic reports.
- Oversee the development of videos and photo shoots, including storyboarding and messaging, coordinating interviews and the filming or shoot.
- Develop and manage multimedia projects (slideshows, podcasts, etc.).
- Monitor and track Larkin Street’s use of program participant photos, including maintaining media releases.
- Assist the Special Events Manager in creating and printing (where applicable) event marketing.
- Responsible for training and managing youth, staff, and volunteer public speakers.
- Working with the Director of Development to conceive, create and execute innovative digital and social media campaigns and strategy.
- Develop and implement the strategic plan to grow our social media audience and build a following, including managing the day-to-day execution of social media messaging.
- Manage and facilitate all aspects of the organization’s e-communications and digital marketing, including social media and email.
- Develop and oversee calendars for targeted digital communications and social media engagement designed to reach segmented demographics.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the organization’s website and microsites, ensuring that all content is current, brand standards are consistent, and that the site functions smoothly and effectively.
- Use web analytics to monitor, report on and make recommendations for improvements to Larkin Street’s website, social media and email.
- Provide direction to designers, writers, content providers and technical professionals, both on staff and consultants.
Press & Media Relations
- Develop and implement all of Larkin Street’s public relations strategies.
- Manage and facilitate communications to the media, including preparing articles, press kits, press releases, and other content initiatives.
- Develop relationships with press contacts to cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press and publicity community.
- Track, monitor and evaluate public relations strategies and media impressions, including monitoring the media for mentions.
- Assist with crisis communication strategies and respond to sensitive issue inquiries as needed
- Screen all media requests and facilitate approved media requests.
- Provide talking points and training to appropriate staff, volunteers, and youth for media engagement across all media formats.
- Assist in planning and overseeing periodic press events.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, donors and other supporters, volunteers, and program participants.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial, who enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly, creatively, compellingly, and accurately.
- An eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Maintain professional standards of performance and demeanor.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner.
- Maintain a creative, teambuilding, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the youth we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Digital Media, Web Design, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- Experience supervising or managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies preferred.
- A proven track record in social media strategy and management preferred.
- Experience with WordPress open source platform, Social Media accounts (not just personal accounts), email marketing tools, media monitoring tools, web analytics tools and software, search engine optimization techniques, all preferred.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer