Reports to: Director of Impact
Department: Research & Evaluation
Supervises: Data Entry Specialist and ONE System Specialist
Exempt Status: Exempt
Union Status: Non Union
We are seeking a dedicated Data and Reporting Manager with strong technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills to oversee our agency’s data reporting obligations. As a data-driven agency that uses data to constantly reflect on, analyze, and deepen our impact, timely and accurate data reporting is critical to helping us create lasting change in the lives of the young people we serve, and in demonstrating that work to a variety of funders and external stakeholders. In this role, you’ll rely on your extensive technical skills to manipulate, merge, and analyze datasets using statistical analysis software, generate dashboards and other reports on program performance, and ensure the smooth and seamless reporting of that data to our funders in a variety of formats.
If you love data and have experience with data reporting for a non-profit service provider; if you have exceptional analytic skills and attention to detail; if you take a proactive approach to problem-solving and enjoy working with a multi-disciplinary team; and if you’re passionate about supporting a dynamic, data-driven non-profit in its mission to support homeless and at-risk youth in building a stable, self-sufficient future, we want to hear from you!
Competitive benefits include: Kaiser HMO/HSA medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision service plan, generous paid sick leave and our company sponsored 403(b) retirement plan. Eligible employees also earn paid personal days, up to 3 weeks (annualized) paid vacation in the first three years and up to 4 weeks (annualized) thereafter, plus 10 company holidays.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager of Data and Reporting are oversight of data reporting systems; report generation for internal and external purposes; and support for department data management and quality assurance activities.
The Manager of Data and Reporting’s timely and accurate reporting is essential for grants management and invoicing. The Manager of Data and Reporting works closely with Development, Finance, and Public Contracts departments to ensure compliance with funders’ data collection and reporting requirements. This position works with program leadership to develop data collection tools to reflect services provided and provides quality assurance support to ensure data is collected in an accurate and timely manner.
The Manager of Data and Reporting works closely with department and program leadership to design and implement custom reports for a variety of reporting purposes, including quality assurance, program and performance management, outcomes measurement, and grants management. This position reports to the Director of Research & Evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides data on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual basis for reports to funders
- Provides reports to program leadership for grants management purposes
- Works with agency leadership to implement revisions to the client data management system as required by evolving reporting needs
- Ensures that complete and accurate data is entered into external database systems as required by funders
- Responsible for ongoing quality assurance and quality control as it relates to external databases
- Responds to additional data requests from throughout the agency
- Works closely with department and program leadership to design and develop custom reports for quality assurance and program and performance management
- Conducts ongoing quality assurance and quality control activities as it relates to internal and external databases
- Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the client data management system as required by evolving programmatic needs
- Responsible for managing access to and organization of reports within client data management system
- Develops additional reporting tools using Excel and SPSS as needed.
Client Database Administration
- Provides administrative and technical support for ETO, Larkin Street’s cloud-based client data management system
- Oversees management and upkeep of additional department databases
- Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in the software
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the social sciences or related field highly preferred but equivalent experience and certifications will be considered
Background and Experience
- 2+ years professional experience with relational databases and data reporting required, preferably in a community-based nonprofit, academic, or program evaluation setting
- Proficiency with SPSS or other statistical analysis software required
- Intermediate or advanced skills and knowledge of relevant software packages (MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, SAP Business Objects (Web Intelligence)) highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with data collection related to at-risk youth issues preferred
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and work well with a multidisciplinary team required
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative
- Experience with relational database design and management desirable
- Staff supervision experience desirable
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer