PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary responsibilities of the ONE System Specialist are data entry into San Francisco’s Online Navigation and Entry (ONE) database and quality assurance and site-specific support for use of the system across the agency. The Specialist will work closely with program staff to gather needed data for youth housed in Larkin Street’s programs, and enter that data into the ONE System on a same-day basis. The Specialist’s timely and accurate data entry is essential to ensuring the agency’s compliance with the ONE System and the broader goals of the Coordinated Entry system. This position works closely with department leadership to provide quality assurance and other support to agency staff in their use of the ONE System.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
We are seeking a dedicated team player with strong data entry, quality assurance, and interpersonal skills to serve as the agency’s ONE System Specialist. In this role, you’ll work closely with program staff to gather information about the young people housed through our programs and enter that into the City’s Online Navigation and Entry (ONE) database system. As a data-driven agency that uses data to constantly reflect on, analyze, and deepen our impact, timely and accurate data entry is critical to helping us create lasting change in the lives of the young people we serve, and in supporting similar work across the city through the ONE system. If you love data and have experience with data entry (preferably in a non-profit setting); have exceptional attention to detail and are a stickler for data quality; take a proactive approach to problem solving and enjoy working with a multi-disciplinary team; and are passionate about supporting a dynamic, data driven non-profit in its mission to support homeless and at-risk youth in building a stable, self-sufficient future, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
Coordinate with department leadership and program staff to ensure that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner
- Perform timely and accurate data entry into the ONE System
- Conduct ongoing quality assurance and quality control activities in the ONE System to ensure compliance with the ONE System data quality standards
- Provide quality assurance support to program staff as it relates to ONE System data entry
- Work with department leadership to implement revisions to data collection tools as required by evolving funder and community needs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in the ONE System
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide data entry and quality assurance support for other internal and external database systems used by the agency
- Provide as-needed coverage for the Data Entry Specialist role as outlined above
- Assist in documenting department policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or related field preferred but equivalent experience and certifications will be considered
Background & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience with data entry in a non-profit setting highly preferred, but related experience will be considered
- Prior experience with HMIS databases highly preferred
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Understanding of data confidentiality concerns
- Understanding of and experience with data collection related to at-risk populations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directly, and take initiative
- Ability to work well with and to support a multidisciplinary team
Please submit a cover letter and resume for your application.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.