The primary role of the Pathways Manager is to oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of the Pathways rental subsidy and rapid rehousing program. This includes hiring, training and supervising program staff in addition to direct service delivery to program participants. The Program Manager works closely with other Program Managers and agency leadership to insure effective and coordinated service delivery. In addition, the Program Manager develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community providers, landlords and property management, referral agencies, and community-organizations providing behavioral health support services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Pathways Program in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Support in the hiring, training and supervision of program staff, primarily through direct supervision of Case Manager(s).
- Embody leadership, including driving a unified vision for the division and serving as the spokesperson and primary advocate for the program in the broader community.
- Develop, oversee and evaluate programming within each entity of the program
- Promote collaboration, cross training and dual programming among program teams within the division and throughout the agency
- Foster professional development for employees at all levels of the program.
- Supervise case managers by actively supporting their work with direct service staff.
- Facilitate access to services, through the development of staff capacity to understand and demonstrate principles of welcoming, client-centered, culturally competent care that is responsive to the needs of homeless, disconnected and marginalized youth
- In coordination with the Program Director, oversee budgets, contract requirements and program outcomes for Pathways programs.
- Ensure appropriate data collection and tracking; ensure adherence to internal agency policies and procedures
- On-call responsibilities are an essential function and requirement of this position. The Program Manager will participate in the agency’s on call management rotation.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in strategic planning for the ongoing development of services
- Participate in the agencies Diversity Equity and Inclusion Programming
- Provide leadership and advocacy in relations with local state and federal public entities and community-based organizations to educate the community about needs for homeless youth
- Identify the training and professional development needs of program staff
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to scheduling requirements of this job description and program.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of the youth we serve.
- Maintain a creative, teambuilding, and cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- At least (3) years of management and supervisory experience.
- Experience in multi-site community-based housing support services.
- Experience and knowledge of rapid rehousing programming, property management, housing subsidies and tenant/lease relations strongly preferred.
- Experience in working in collaboration with other community and government stakeholders.
- Previous experience overseeing program design and development, implementation and operations, project integration and management across multiple agency sites; staff supervision and training; and budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Strong Commitment to the agency and philosophy of Larkin Street Youth Services.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer