PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Payroll Clerk is a key role and is responsible for accurate data entry and set up of accounts. Assistance with running reports and preprocessing duties to assist with Payroll. Responding to staff with password resets, Other general payroll duties as assigned. The Payroll Clerk will be a member of the Finance team, working closely with HR and Accounting staff. The qualified candidate will have Payroll experience and the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team. Larkin Street is a 24-hour business with multiple shift differentials and rates. The position requires the skill to analyze and seek clarification of hours as needed, follow up and assure accuracy in time recording. Communication with Managers and staff to resolve time sheet issues and problem solve.
REPORTS TO: Controller
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurate data entry
- Analyze and review
- Resolve log in issue
- Research missed hours requests
- Update and maintain log of changes
- Set up of new staff accounts in Paylocity.
- Manage and print PARs for entry
- Auditing of time entry and review of time sheets
- Setting up garnishments and levies.
- Creating check request for accounts payable for payments to garnishing parties.
- Processing of monthly union reports for payment of fringes.
- Making sure that all union hours’ balance to union reports
- W-4, direct deposit changes.
- Coordinating with Human Resources to process terminations and new hires, and changes that effect the pay rate.
- Enter all changes into the system timely and accurately
- Exercise discretion in all transactions
- Maintain accounting files
- Research payroll questions
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information and forms as requested.
- Run reports: monthly and ad hoc reports as requested by CFO, HR and Controller
- Timely reports to the Grants Team with allocation
- Participate in further Paylocity integration
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years payroll and data entry
- Excellent follow-through skills.
- Ability to pass a Microsoft Excel Examination
- Experience with Payroll software
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Experience with Payroll and Time Reporting systems
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer