PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the Program Manager of Assisted Care will provide leadership and oversight to the program. The Program Manager is responsible for the hiring; training and supervision of Residential Coordinators, some program development and evaluation, quality and coordinated service delivery within transitional living program for transitional age youth. The program has two locations, one for youth at risk for HIV and the other for youth living with HIV. In addition, the Program Manager of Assisted Care develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community providers, including referral agencies, and resource agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
With the support of the Associate Director:
- Provide leadership and oversight to the program, particularly Residential Counselors and some operations
- Residential Counselor hiring, training and supervision
- Supervise best practices for RC services delivery.
- Collaborate with program staff, SF DPH medical providers, and a consulting psychiatrist to deliver comprehensive medical and behavioral healthcare to clients.
- Complete monthly reports and insure timely and accurate data collection processes.
- Program Development and Evaluation related to RC roles
- Plans and facilitates RC meetings and staff meetings
- Participate in agency planning activities.
- Represent agency as liaison to community resources.
- Oversee data collection and ensure its’ timely submission.
- Represent agency at community meetings/activities, when appropriate.
- Attend and participate in all agency management meetings.
- Manage multiple staff/facility issues through participation in agency’s on call rotation
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Flexibility with a team player mentality
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision
- Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Requires ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk.
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
- Ability to work night and weekend hours.
- Bachelors degree in related field. Years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences or related field preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience managing a residential program.
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care
- Ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
- Experience working with youth is highly desired, especially LGBTQ and youth with experiences of homelessness or housing instability