The Primary role of the Program Manager of Larkin Street Academy (LSA), Education are to oversee the data entry and reporting, budget, retention of students, and develop academic support programs pertaining to Learning Centers during student drop-ins, curriculum development, and scheduled appointments for Learning Centers and education, maintain and expand partnership collaboration using a Harm Reduction (HR), Restorative Practices (RP), and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) lens to increase education and employment opportunities for Larkin Street youth. In addition, collaborate with LSA Workforce departments, support LSA day-to-day operations, as well as providing leadership, guidance, and supervision to staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide professional development opportunities for Learning Center and education staff
- Participate in Larkin Street’s Leadership and DEI relation discussions and group
- Support with high-risk education related events as well as support with Larkin Street events
- Coordinate and support crisis by being an on-call consultant
- Create templates relevant to development, execution, and evaluation of programs through a Harm Reduction (HR), Restorative Practices (RP), and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) lens
- Collaborate with internal departments and external non-profits, colleges, and universities
- Ensure daily ETO data entry of services provided and pull reports weekly to review in staff weekly 101 meetings
- Develop a sense of community for education staff and students to increase retention
- Support and maintain the day-to-day operations and flow of the Larkin Street Academy (LSA) space
- Participate and contribute in Larkin Street’s leadership and DEI workgroup teams
- Participate in Larkin Street hiring committees as well as chair all hiring committees for the education academic team
- Exceptional organizational skills with reliability and consistency in work performance
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Be an on-call manager during/after work hours
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:.
Candidates applying for this position will possess:
- Maintain a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility with a team player mentality.
- Ability to work with minimal to moderate supervision.
- An extreme focus on good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor with great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- BA Degree in Education, Social Work, or other related field required and/or work experience equivalent
- At least three years of management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in educational/workforce development, and/or supported vocational services required.
- One year of previous experience working with homeless, at-risk, and runaway youth preferred.
- Must also have ability to work with high-risk youth and with diverse staff, clients, and volunteers.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance always.
- Maintain a creative, team building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment always keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to upgrade professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please in the Subject Box of the email indicate the position that you are applying to.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.