Larkin Street provides youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with the help they need to rebuild their lives. Each year, more than 3,000 youth walk through our doors seeking help. We give them a place where they can feel safe; rebuild their sense of self-respect, trust, and hope; learn school, life and job skills; and find the confidence to build a future.
We raise the bar by redefining success from securing independent housing to achieving a permanent pathway out of poverty. We have established bold goals for the youth in our services:
• Living-wage employment
• Two years of post-secondary education
• Safe and stable housing
• Physical and emotional well-being
The primary role of the Human Resources Recruiter is to oversee functions relating to recruiting, compliance, agency employee relations, and implementing and reviewing agency policies with the Chief of Talent. Under general direction of the Chief of Talent, the Human Resources Recruiter also designs and implements a coordinated employment orientation program for all new and transitioning employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create job advertisements and post internally and externally (online etc.)
- Screen resumes and deliver candidates to appropriate department managers/directors for review.
- Manage and administer HRIS/Applicant Tracking Database.
- Maintain job description library and current tracking of open positions.
- Scheduling interviews according to timelines directed by management.
- Conduct background and reference checks, including the processing of Live Scan applications.
- Prepare offer letters to be signed by Chief of Talent.
- Guide candidates through recruiting cycle, including sending a soft offer or declining a candidate for employment.
- Attain consistent and balanced recruiting activity.
- Maintain and document candidate communication.
- Proactively seek new avenues to attract quality candidates.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a variety of recruiting sources.
- Track and manage candidate referral program.
- Offer suggestions to improve recruitment process and deliver into action.
- Provide reports and data on recruiting process (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Entering new hire information onto payroll system.
NEW HIRE ORIENTATIONS, PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS, AND STAFFING MANAGEMENT [10%]
- Conduct new hire orientations, including review of agency policies, video instructions, and department tours.
- Complete New Hire Checklist to ensure completion of the orientation process and prepare candidate for the transition to the department orientation.
- Complete necessary paperwork to ensure eligibility for employment; provide relevant information to Finance.
- Maintain I-9 Log and certify and recertify new and existing employees accordingly.
- Maintain accurate DOJ/Licensing documentation for Licensed Programs.
- Create, maintain and modify employee personnel records to ensure accurate filing of pertinent documentation.
- Provide advanced notice of upcoming performance reviews to management and union staff.
- Provide advanced notice of staff raises and anniversary dates to Finance department on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with tracking and completing necessary documentation for employee transfers, promotions, and changes of supervisors.
- Assist with completing employee verifications and processing wage garnishments.
COMPLIANCE AND TRAINING [10%]
- Knowledge and ability to interpret Title VII and other regulations pertaining to guidelines set forth by the EEOC.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret ADA, ADEA, Affirmative Action, COBRA, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA and other employment-related legislation.
- Filing of Form 5500 and Employee Reporting.
- Assist and coordinate agency-wide training programs, implementing schedules as directed by the Director of Human Resources.
- Assist with pulling forms and requested documents during audit season.
- Maintain employee files
Other Duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner, complying with agency policies and standards and conforming to the requirements of this job description.
- Maintain a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks.
- Maintain an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies.
- Exercise discretion and professional judgment at all times keeping with the responsibilities carried personally and by the agency for the care and welfare of staff and to the youth in which we serve.
- Actively strive to improve professional skills through engaging in appropriate professional training and experience.
- Maintaining the strictest of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- SharePoint and Paylocity experience preferred
- Ability to speak in front of groups of individuals
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm demeanor and use appropraite judgement.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Psychology or 3-4 years of progressive HR experience preferred. Related experience considered
- Experience in providing employment support, and recruitment assistance to staff and candidates.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment.
- PHR Certification or SHRM Class Completion a plus.