POSITION TITLE: YOUTH ADVISORY BOARD COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: MANAGER of Art Program and Youth Advisory Board (YAB)
The Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a professionally-structured Board comprised of Larkin Street youth who are interested in advocacy, leadership, and being the voice and representation of their peers both within our organization and out in the community. While the Youth Advisory Board is situated within the Larkin Street Academy, the program aims to extend across programming and departments to include all youth and all staff in benefiting from the insight of dedicated and committed youth leaders.
YAB’s Mission Statement:
The Larkin Street Youth Advisory Board holds Larkin Street accountable, breaks stereotypes about homelessness and empowers youth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise YAB executive members in the creation of meeting agendas and minutes, and disseminate these to the board each week.
- Develop high-quality work-based learning experiences for YAB members
- Work with the YAB members to develop work plans, timelines and activities to achieve project goals.
- Facilitate YAB meetings twice a week and organize additional work days as needed.
- Coordinate youth participation in panels, workshops, and speaking engagements at relevant community events
- Work with program managers across agency to coordinate YAB representatives for each program so that all Larkin Street youth have representation
- Schedule and oversee youth attendance at conferences, local hearings, All Staff meetings and other appropriate opportunities.
- Documentation of YAB work, including schedule tracking and processing of hours for stipend payment for YAB members
- Develop and maintain relationships with community partners; City and County as well as other youth advocacy organizations.
- Track program deliverables using both qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods
- Disseminate a monthly review and calendar of events to appropriate staff members
- Coordinate various trainings for YAB members from agency and community partners
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit youth leaders through use of e-mail, flyers, attendance at meetings, and other avenues.
- Continue to evaluate and develop programming as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology or related field; Experience in Youth Boards preferred.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
- Three to Four (3-4) years of progressive experience in education workforce development or related discipline.
- Experience community building and working in collaborative partnerships with other organizations, agencies, institutions, and entities
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience with youth
- Ability to support or lead collaborative projects
- Familiarity with youth development models
- Experience working with adolescents as a vocational counselor/ job developer or in the field of public relations
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, diverse environment. Highly desired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to employmen[email protected]
Please in the Subject Box of the email indicate the position that you are applying to.
Larkin Street Youth Services is an equal opportunity employer. Larkin Street Youth Service seeks qualified candidates with interest in the non-profit sector. We are committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class. We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified.
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer