Here are some ways you can help reverse the trend:
- Read our 2021 Policy Brief: A Focus on Prevention for an outline of policy recommendations that will help us continue to eliminate youth homelessness and make it rare, brief, and one time.
- Become an Ambassador.
- Host a gift card and/or clothing drive throughout the month of November to collect gift cards and/or warm items (socks, sleeping bags, coats, blankets) for young people at Larkin Street.
- Volunteer, host a fundraiser, make a financial or in-kind donation.
- Learn more and spread awareness around how racism, homophobia, and transphobia make youth of color and/or LGBTQ+ youth overly represented within those experiencing homelessness.
- Use your voice to spread awareness about youth homelessness with your friends and family. Follow Larkin Street on social media and re-share posts.
To find out more about recommendations to address youth homelessness at the state level, visit: www.calyouth.org
- Attend an upcoming Runaway and Homeless Youth Prevention Month Webinar